Location Network Privacy Notice
Location Network knows you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. By visiting Location Network, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Who are the users location Network gathers information from?
Users, throughout this Privacy Notice, are defined as individuals who register and login to Location Network website. Information can be collected during set up, and during subsequent visits, so that we may personalize and improve your experience.
What Personal Information About Users Does Location Network Gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at Location Network. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of our many features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, allowing you the function of forwarding information to other members of your production team (screening room), and customizing future browsing for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us, for example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web Browser accesses Location Network. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Location Network if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a conformation when you open e-mail from Location Network if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from other sources: For reasons such as improving accuracy of our service (for example, providing updated information regarding a location's contact information), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated contact, address and location information from other sources so we can correct our records and present the best possible solution for your next location request.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through you Web browser. This enables our system to recognize your browser and to provide features such as access to your specific information, Production Team preferences and browsing preferences.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Location Network's coolest features, and we recommend you leave them turned on.
Does Location Network Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. For example, Location Network does not sell, and will never sell, information about you to external marketers, list brokers, or other third parties without user consent. Nor will we give such information to affiliated businesses or companies we team up with to provide co-branded or jointly owned offerings unless you choose to take advantage of those offerings, and even then, any sharing of information is limited to the information relating to the offering. Further, whenever we deal with user information, we will always comply with applicable laws and regulations in doing so.
We share user information with our parent corporation (La Classe Locations, Inc.), the subsidiaries it controls, and as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, we will include offerings from theses businesses on Location Network. In other cases, we may include joint offerings from Location Network and these businesses on Location Network. You can tell when another business is involved in the offerings, and we share user information related to those offerings with that business.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples including sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, and providing marketing assistance. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes w send offers to selected groups of Location Network users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and e-mail address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please e-mail us to adjust your preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our businesses, we might sell or buy additional services or business units. In such transactions, user information generally is transferred along with the rest of the service or business unit. Also, in the event that La Classe Locations, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will of course be included in the transaction.
- Protection of Location Network and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply of Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights property, or safety of Location Network, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organization for fraud protection.
Other than as set out above, you will always receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to chose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
If you use or subscription service, we work to protect the security of you subscription information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices and Access Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of such Location Network features as Message Center, Screening Room and notification.
- You can add or update certain information, such as your e-mail address, by using our Set Up Pages (on left hand navigation). When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please e-mail us to adjust your preferences. (If you do not want to release legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Location Network, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on it's own Web site.
Location Network is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not submit information about yourself to Location Network.
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you chose to visit Location Network, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms Of Service, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at Location Network, please send us a thorough description to privacy@LocationNetwork.com, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Terms Of Service will change also, and the use of information we gather now is subject tot the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notice and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check out Web site frequently to see recent changes.